PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY
At Travelite Travel and Tours Co. (“Travelite”), we understand that your privacy is important and that disclosing your personal information involves a great deal of trust on your part. Travelite is truly committed to respecting your privacy and we recognize the need to ensure the protection and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us.
Travelite will ensure that your personal data is administered and protected to the extent required under the Republic Act No. 10173, otherwise known as the “Data Privacy Act 2012 (the “Act”) and other applicable laws, rules and regulations.
By submitting your personal data to Travelite, you consent to our using the personal data and information you have shared for the purpose (the “Purpose”) for which you submitted the same. You further consent to us disclosing the information and personal data you have given to our third-party vendors or suppliers who provide services or functions on our behalf, including but not limited to airline and hotel bookings, credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, and other related activities.
In addition, by sharing your information to us you further accept, confirm, and agree that: (a)the information you have given to Travelite is complete and accurate; and (b) that your failure to provide complete and accurate information may potentially result in Travelite’s inability to provide you with any of the products and services you have requested from Travelite. In such a case, you agree that Travelite shall not be liable for any damage arising from the said inability.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED
Travelite receives and stores the information you provide. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, fax number, credit card information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date). We may also request information about your airline and hotel room preferences, loyalty, frequent flyer and/or car rental program information. While you can choose not to provide information, some information about you is required in order for you to initiate and complete transactions with us.
Travelite may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to its information. Examples of information we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, and demographic information.
3. INFORMATION USE
We use credit card information (such as cardholder name, credit card number, and expiration date) for the purpose of completing the transactions with us. We use other information about you for the following general purposes: to provide you with the products and services you request; to provide you with travel confirmation and updates; to manage your account, to communicate with you in general; to respond to your questions and comments; to allow us to contact you for customer service, if necessary; to measure interest in and improve our products, services, and website; to notify you by email or post about special offers and travel-related products and services that may be of interest to you; to solicit information from you, including through surveys; to resolve disputes, collect fees, or troubleshoot problems; to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; to enforce the Terms and Conditions of our agreements with you; and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related opportunities. One way we do this is by sending you email messages and/or SMS (short message service) that contain information about your travel-related interests. We believe these email messages and/or SMS will provide you with useful information about travel-related special offers available. You will also receive an email whenever we have an update to any of your information on our records. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages and any such email we send.
4. SHARING OF INFORMATION
Travelite may share your information with:
- Suppliers, such as hotel, airline, car rental, and activity providers, who fulfill your travel reservations. Please note that these suppliers also may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you, facilitate your travel reservation, or respond to a review or complaint you may submit.
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, and marketing. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf to facilitate your transactions with us. Our third-party vendors or suppliers use the information you provide to perform their functions. Our third-party vendors are not permitted to share or use the information for any purpose that has not been authorized by Travelite.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Companies within our corporate family. We may share your personal information with our corporate affiliates in the leisure and travel sector. This sharing enables us to provide you with information about products and services which might interest you.
Travelite may also share your information:
- Where required by law in the good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws or legal processes. For example, under US law, airlines are required to provide the US Department of Homeland Security with certain information about passengers flying to, from or over the US.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Travelite.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors for the most popular hotels and holiday destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop our services and to audit the efficacy of our advertising.
After the completion of the Purpose, your personal data may be retained by Travelite for record purposes over a period of time.
6. DATA PROTECTION
We want you to feel confident about our services and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no company can guarantee 100% security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. Only authorized Travelite employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting personal information that is sensitive to you (e.g., credit card details) between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
7. CONTACTING US
If you (a) have any questions or feedback relating to your personal data or information or our Policy; (b) would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your personal data or information as set out in this Policy; or (c) would like to obtain access and make corrections to your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us at the following channels:
Email us at email@example.com
Call our phone +63917 324 7819
You may also write to:
The General Manager
Travelite Travel and Tours Co.
Unit 10, One Mango Avenue, General Maxilom Avenue
Cogon Ramos, Cebu City 6000 Philippines
Any request to withdraw your consent given here or access or correct your personal data may be subjected to such restrictions and conditions as prescribed under the Act.
8. AMENDMENT OF POLICY
Travelite may amend this Policy from time to time and will make available the updated Policy. Travelite’s rights under this clause shall be in addition to and without prejudice to other rights of disclosures available at law in the Philippines (as may be amended or revised from time to time) or any other statutory provision in other applicable laws and nothing herein shall be construed as limiting any of these other rights.
Notwithstanding anything stated in any other documents that you may have entered into with Travelite, in the event of any inconsistency, the terms of this Policy shall prevail.
This Policy shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with Philippine laws.