Processing Type: Single / Multiple

General Requirements:

  1. Application Form IMM5257, fully completed, dated and signed, for each individual or family member who needs a visa. You must answer every question. If not applicable, write N/A.
  2. Family Information Form IMM 5645, for yourself and each family member who is 18 years of age or older and needs a visa.
  3. Two passport photographs for each applicant. Signed, dated and taken in the past six (6) months. Processing fee – ensure that you have paid the correct processing fee.
  4. A passport valid for at least one year for each applicant if you are a citizen of a country requiring a temporary resident visa. Note that the validity of a Temporary Resident Visa cannot extend beyond the validity of the passport. > Include all cancelled or expired passports, if applicable.
  5. Proof of sufficient funds to cover expenses for the duration of your visit.
    • a. A bank statement covering the last six months and showing the balance of the account
    • b. Any additional relevant documentation (last 2 pay slips, property titles, proof of pension, investments, etc.)
    • c. If you are not paying for your own trip, indicate how your trip will be funded. Submit supporting documentation, for example: parents’ bank statements; letter from employer covering costs; spouse’s employment, proof of employment and financial documents for host in Canada* (employment letter, pay slips, T4 / Notice of Assessment, bank statements), etc.
  6. Explain the purpose of your trip – details of your itinerary in Canada, provisional travel arrangements (airline or hotel booking), letter of invitation from the person or business you will visit, registration at a conference, letter from your employer (as applicable).
  7. A letter from your employer granting leave of absence and including: your name, position and current salary. This letter must include your employer’s name, address, telephone and fax number. If you are travelling on business, the letter should also outline the purpose of your trip, and include the names and addresses of the companies you will visit. If you are self-employed, please provide evidence of your business (business registration, license and financial documents etc.).
  8. Proof of current studies — an official document confirming your registration as a student at an academic institution.
  9. If a minor is travelling with only one parent or without parents, notarized permission from the non-accompanying parent(s) is (are) required. Minors (under 18 years of age) travelling alone or with a person other than their parents or legal guardians should have a notarized permission signed by both parents or legal guardian. It should also include the name of the adult who will be responsible for the children in Canada.